Apply For Housing Here
Choose Your Language
Online Waiting List Pre-Application
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please call 412-456-5030 if you are a person with a disability and need assistance with your pre-application.
Before you begin the application process, please have available the following items:
Please make sure you enter all information correctly and accurately.
HAVE PAPER AND PEN READY TO WRITE DOWN YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER.
Submit only ONE application. Duplicate forms will not be accepted. If you submit more than one application, ALL applications will be removed from the waiting list.
Applications can be received online anytime during the wait list period. Applicants will receive a confirmation number to acknowledge successful transmission of the application.
By submitting this pre-application information you are not guaranteed placement on any waiting list.
Maintaining Your Status on the Waiting List
All applicants added to the waiting list are responsible for maintaining a current address with the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh.
- If you are sent an invitation to an eligibility interview or any other correspondence and you do not respond, or your letter is returned undeliverable, your name will be removed from the waiting list.
- If you have a change of address, phone number, income or family size, you must notify us within 10 business days of the change.
- ALL CHANGES MUST BE IN WRITING AND CAN EITHER BE SUBMITTED ONLINE, VIA MAIL, OR AT OUR OFFICE. No changes will be taken over the phone. Please include your social security number on any correspondence.
- An applicant must qualify as an individual or family as defined by HACP.
- Family must have annual income at the time of admission that does not exceed the established income limits at the time of admission according to the maximum income by family size established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (USHUD).
- Applicant and all adult members of the family must pass a criminal background check.
- Applicant or any member of the family that has ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally-assisted housing or any family household member that is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will not be eligible for housing assistance.
- Applicant and all members of the family must provide documentation of social security numbers for all family members or certify that they do not have social security numbers at the time of initial eligibility interview.
- Applicant and all members of the family must meet USHUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status.
- Applicant or any member of the family who currently owes rent or other amounts to HACP or any other housing authority will not be offered assistance until the outstanding balance is paid in full.
The Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in, housing programs or activities.
Enter your Agent Code here...